We encourage you to look for the following features in a new or used bike for use with your Fender Blender Universale:
- Wide rider size range (long seatpost, low top-tube or step-through / ‘ladies’ style frame)
- If it has 20″ wheels (smaller kids bikes & many folding bikes) buy our 20″ FBU
- If it has 24″, 26″ or 700c wheels (teen and adult bikes) buy our 26″/700c FBU
- The ideal tire has smooth sides, thick rubber on the sides/edge where the roller contacts, is 26mm (1inch) or wider and is rated to 50psi or higher. Inexpensive Hybrid or City tires are a good choice – normally wide, with thick rubber and fairly smooth. Avoid knobby tires, especially those with knobs along the edge of the tire where the roller touches. Knobby tires cause extra noise and vibrations when blending. Avoid old and cracking tires as they can be stiff, giving less traction on the roller.
- Bright color, sweet looking frame
- Has gears. Some cruisers and city bikes have only a single speed. This can make it more difficult to get satisfying results from your Fender Blender. The more gears you have, the easier it will be for all your blender riders to find a gear to comfortably crank out smoothies.
- Does NOT have rear suspension. Rear suspension will likely interfere with the mounting system of the FBU’s rear rack. Front suspension (shock) won’t cause problems, but won’t offer any benefits either.
- Bike frame has mounting points for a rear rack. This is common on most city bikes, mountain bikes, and touring bikes, but not as common on racing bikes. Look for threaded holes in the frame—2 near the center of the rear wheel and 2 near the rear brakes. If you don’t have these on your frame, you can use P-clamps (see photo below), available from your local hardware or bicycle shop.
- Does NOT have built-in rear rack
From the FB Universale user manual:
- The optional Stationary Stand for the FBU is not compatible with internal geared hubs with control cables that come out of the end of the axle, or newer quick release skewers. If you would like a compatible replacement quick release skewer added to your order at no charge, please add a note to your order.
View the video directions to mount a bike in our stationary stand:
We now carry 20″ stationary stands for little people bike blending, too: