“I was making something like this for myself but decided to go with yours because you’ve been at it for so long – I decided to get it done right.”
“I was looking for a way to get all my students pedaling at once.”
Convert, store and distribute electricity for your pedal power events. One, two , three go! Unbuckle the lid, plug in your bikes and devices and start your show.
An Extraordinary Box
When we first started producing pedal power events, we had lots of devices daisy chained together to do all the work of monitoring power production and consumption, smoothing out the load demands, handling AC and DC, letting pedalers know whether to pedal more or less, and more. We realized we needed one tidy box that would do it all, and that’s what we’ve designed the Utility Box to be.
It’s engaging, too—the built-in ultracapacitors store a finite amount of energy, and an outage is always a possibility that your coach will address by making sure people pedal. Pedalers, in turn, get a feel for supplying energy to a key device that’s only working because they’re pedaling.
The common hassles of a DIY system—broken fuses, ruined batteries, fried circuits, devices turning on and off a lot because you didn’t have the right specs—aren’t a problem when you get the festival-proven Utility Box.
If you’re a believer in people power, consider team activities such as the ones the Utility Box supports best. They get people working together to power an emotionally rewarding light show, a rockin’ concert, a recharging station at a convention, or tools for building or cooking.
- Sets up in one minute – works right out of the box
- (5) pedal power inputs (expandable to 10 with a junction box) accept any of our generators, such as the Roll Up, Electric Fender Blender Pro or Generator Pro
- Built-in mini Pedalometer (or upgrade to a wattage display) shows riders how they’re working together to meet power demands
- (2) 110V AC outlets (just add a power strip for more devices)
- (2) 24V DC outlets for external devices such as LED Stage Lighting Panels
- Sufficient for a concert audience of 500-1,000 people (using Modified JBL speakers)
- 800-watt Pure Sine inverter is perfect for the demands of sensitive audio equipment (higher capacity inverter available by request)
- All wiring sits safely under a clear polycarbonate window that lets you show people how the system works
- Ultracapacitor feels good to pedal into and easily handles spiky loads like concerts and provides a 2–5 minute buffer of power (depending on consumption levels)
- Over-voltage protection for when the pedalers are producing more than the devices are consuming
- Durable Neutrik twist-lock connectors — the gold standard in the event audio world. Yanked cables don’t disconnect.
- Compatible with the Pedalometer