Who we are
Rock The Bike is an S-Corporation located at:
6323 San Pablo Ave
Oakland, CA 94608
Our website address is: https://rockthebike.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through Authorize.net. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Authorize.net, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If you make a purchase on this website, some of your data will be passed to our shipping providers, including information required to process or support the order, such as your name and mailing address.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We use Gravity Forms to process forms submitted on this site, such as requesting an Event Service quote. All data submitted is opt-in.
If you signed up for our newsletter, your email is being stored in Rock The Bike’s Constant Contact cloud hosting account.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Who we share your data with
WE WILL NEVER SELL YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES!
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments or reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it.
The CCPA also requires us to provide a list of the “categories” of personal information we collect, as that term is defined in the law, so, here it is. In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information from California residents, depending on the Services used:
- Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Commercial information (your billing information and purchase history, for example);
- Geolocation data (such as your location based on your IP address); and
- Inferences we make (such as likelihood of retention or attrition).
We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the ‘What personal data we collect’ section. And we share this information with the categories of third parties described in the ‘What we share with others’ section.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Request to know the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of business or commercial purpose for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the information came, the categories of third parties we share it with, and the specific pieces of information we collect about you;
- Request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain;
- Opt out of any sale of personal information; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you have any privacy concerns or would like us to export any data we have stored related to you, you can contact us at CustomerSupport@RockTheBike.com
How we protect your data
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.