Care After Your Event:
– Wipe the bike frame and blender with a sponge or cloth using soap and water. Wipe it with a clean rag to dry it.
– Wash pitchers thoroughly
– Store indoors and out of direct sunlight
Care Before Your Event:
– Pump up the front tire to 60 – 70 PSI
– Check the blender roller/tire traction and adjust as necessary (refer to user manual for instructions)
– Make a smoothie to reward yourself! (and to check all parts are working properly)
If Using the High-Performance Blender: We recommend tightening your star drive regularly with the 5/64 hex wrench / allen key. If you did not receive a 5/64 hex wrench please email us or call 1-888-354-2453 to get yours free of charge.
Tips on How to Clean and Care for your Pitchers
BlendTec pitcher via http://www.blendtec.com/use-and-care
How to use and load your jar
1. Before loading your jar each time, spin the drive shaft on the bottom of the jar for a few seconds. This will help keep the seal in good shape and prolong the life of the jar. If the shaft does not spin freely, add some hot water to the jar, then twist the shaft by hand until it begins to spin freely.
2. How to load your jar. First, place or pour your liquids and high moisture foods in the jar. Next, add your softer foods. Finally, put ice and solid items in last at top.
3. Make sure the lid is on securely. The lids are designed for a very snug fit. Even if the lid seems like it’s on tightly, it’s a good idea to give the corners a little extra help and push them down once more before blending.
4. Place the blender jar on the blender base, making sure the drive shaft is seated completely in the drive socket of motor base.
How to clean your jar after each use:
1. Add 1 cup (240ml) of hot water and a drop of liquid dish soap to the blender jar.
2. Place the lid tightly on the jar.
3. Place the jar on the blender base and press “Pulse” for 5 seconds. If your blender has a Clean cycle, press the “Clean” button.
4. Rinse well.
How to clean your jar (long-term sanitation)
1. For long-term sanitization, fill the jar with hot water.
2. Add 1–2 teaspoons (5–10ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the jar.
3. Stir for 10 seconds. Let mixture stand in jar for 5 minutes.
4. Empty water/bleach mixture. Turn jar upside down on dish rack until dry.
Cleaning tips and cautions
• Do not use stiff-bristled brushes or abrasive cloths or pads to clean the jar. This will dull or scratch the surface.
• Avoid submerging blender jars for longer than 5 minutes as it may reduce jar life and result in water penetrating the lower jar seals. After cleaning, store the jar upright.
• BLENDER JAR IS DISHWASHER SAFE—TOP RACK ONLY!
• Do not expose your jar to temperatures over 176°F (80°C). Ingredient temperatures should not exceed 115°F (46°C). Please note that boiling water is too hot for the jar and should never be used.
If your machine does not have a Clean setting, perform the following steps:
- After each use, rinse the container thoroughly with warm water—not hot.
- Place one to two drops of dish soap in your container and fill it halfway with warm water.
- Secure the lid with the lid plug in the locked position.
- Start the machine on Variable Speed 1, slowly increase to Variable Speed 10, and then switch to High.
- Run on High for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour contents out and rinse thoroughly.
- Turn the container upside down and let air dry.
For a deep clean, perform the following steps monthly or as needed:
Place 4 cups of cool water and 4 cups of white vinegar into the container and let it soak for about four hours. Pour contents out and rinse thoroughly. Then follow the appropriate cleaning instructions above.
We do not recommend placing the container or lid into the dishwasher as this may harm its components.
The minerals from fruits, produce, and leafy greens can cause a film on your container. We recommend pouring one cup of white vinegar into the container and filling it half-full with warm water. Let the container soak in an upright, standing position for several hours, then pour the contents out and use a soft pot scrubber to clean the inside of the container. Be careful while cleaning around the blade assembly as the blades are sharp.