Take the cranking out of your arms and into your legs for a more ergonomic method that taps into larger muscle groups, yielding amazing results at your events. Crank out up to 2 gallons in only 20 minutes of casual pedaling! Our new Ice Cream Bike combines the wide size range and style of our steel Fender Blender Pro base frame — proven sturdy for human power use since 2006 — with a modified hand crank ice cream maker from Country Freezer — they’ve been stirring up frozen goodies since 1995.
Casual pedaling effort — you can wear street clothes, even a dress and flip flops.
Take the cranking out of your arms and into your legs for a more ergonomic method that taps into larger muscle groups, yielding amazing results at your events. Crank out up to 1.5 gallons in only 20 minutes of casual pedaling! Our new Ice Cream Bike combines the wide size range and style of our steel Fender Blender Pro base frame — proven sturdy for human power use since 2006 — with a modified hand crank ice cream maker from Country Freezer — they’ve been stirring up frozen goodies since 1995. The rust-proof gears, stainless steel canister, and a leak-proof, Amish-made White Oak tub are good for years of use.
This is a serious rig capable of generating many smiles. If you’re serious about doling out sweet treats at your event, the Ice Cream bike can pump out up to 4.5 gallons of ice cream an hour! I scream, you scream… With the Ice Cream Bike, they all will scream “Ice Cream!”
Great for events with kids, who will be fascinating with the mechanical workings and delighted with the tasty results. Kids as young as 12-14 can pedal the bike and handle the level of exertion required. Activate their minds and bodies as you combine local ingredients and their good clean Pedal Power with a positive message about energy conservation, fitness, and nutrition. The whirring and stirring noises from the machine are pleasant and won’t get in the way of teaching moments, oohs and aahs. You’ll be nourishing them with calcium, too!
Kids love figuring out how the mechanical energy passes from the pedals to the ice cream tub.
Ice cream is an awesome crowd pleaser, a standout even among our event-tested Pedal Powered activities such as Bike Blending or Pedal Powered Spin Art. From start to finish, each batch is an immersive activity that creates a lasting memory. Here’s how it’ll work:
1. Prepare the custard ahead of time. It must be chilled for best results.
2. On the day of your event, pour the custard into the stainless steel canister — up to 1.5 gallons!
3. Close the top using the Country Freezer’s foolproof locking pin.
4. Run the stretchy slip-proof belt from the bike’s drive wheel up and over the large white pulley on the modified Ice Cream maker. This happens in seconds once you get the hang of it.
5. Pour in the ice and rock salt. One standard ice bag per batch.
6. Pedal! The Fender Blender Pro base frame can fit riders from 4’10” to over 6′! About 15-20 minutes of casual pedaling is enough.
7. Pop the belt off, open the canister and serve instantly! Scooping the ice cream directly from the canister gives your crowd the satisfaction of seeing their labor pay off, and the motivation to make more.
8. Empty or strain the icy water, then repeat. In the photo below see how the bucket hinges to allow easy dumping.
A hidden hinge allows you to easily dump the icy ‘brine’. You can strain and reuse the ice for the next batch.
Encourage creativity! Have your event attendees craft the next flavor by combining their favorite swirl-in ingredients like berries, cookie crumbles, or coffee into the base custard. Just as food tastes better in the great outdoors, Pedal Power can turn your latest concoctions into true delicacies.
An Ice Cream Bike is a hit at events year-round, indoors or out. Fairs, concerts, conventions, gala dinners, trade shows, food cart gatherings, and summer camps — any crowded event is an opportunity to spin up a Sundae. You can even combine an Ice Cream bike with a bike blender for amazing milkshakes. Satisfy the specialty dietary needs of your audience, with low-fat alternatives like frozen yogurt, or dairy-free recipes such as sorbet. Team up with a local dairy, egg, or berry farm and you might find a low-cost or sponsored source of ingredients while and an opportunity to co-promote their foods.
photo cred: Volker Neumann
– Makes up to 1.5 gallons (6 quarts) of ice cream per batch. Works great on small batches too.
– Takes only 15-20 minutes of pedaling per batch — compare to 20-30+ minutes for hand crank!
– The action happens in the front, making ice cream churning more fun and social: pedalers can see the canister turn, the icy brine swirling and transferring it’s deep-freeze temperatures to the custard.
– Frame works for adults and teens — custom version available for smaller kids.
– Comes with print frame assembly manual, and video instruction on set up and clean up of the Ice Cream Bike.
– Many good surfaces available for your organization or company’s name: the front wheel and large diameter frame tubing are great surfaces for branding which will show up in many photos from your events. We’re experts on custom-branding our bikes and can assist you with our branding options.
– Available in Blue, Orange, Green or your custom color.
Above: A branded Ice Cream Bike — VCU opted for custom color and wheel branding on their model.
Assembled dimensions: TBA
Weight: Ships in two boxes, which total to 90 lbs.
To Purchase: $3,600
Additional Canister: +$375
To Rent*: $600
* Price shown is for events in the San Francisco Bay Area. Please contact Rock The Bike to get your event in our calendar. For events in New York, please contact Ample Hills Creamery.
Above: Kids crowd around the Ice Cream Bike as it churns up goodies at Stomp!
“Rock the Bike’s Ice Cream Bike helped make our event special! The bike was hands-on, great to look at and learn about, and then, delicious to enjoy.
Working with RTB staff was easy and enjoyable. I now want the ice cream bike to show up at all my parties!!”
-Louella Hill, Coordinator for The Greenhorns speaking of Culture event at the Oakland Museum of CA
A happy pedaler churns the custard into Ice Cream at the 2011 SF Bicycle Music Festival. The ice cream sold out, raising funds for the event.
Last but not least, did you know we have an Ice Cream attachment for your Fender Blender Pro?! It’s called the Icycleta Ice Cream Bike Attachment and it’s amazing! You can now add ice cream churning to your list of events and activities with a simple 1, 2, 3! Learn more about the Icycleta here!