BECOME OUR PART-TIME PRODUCTION ASSISTANT!
Rock The Bike is hiring a Production Assistant to support our production staff. Our production team of three builds and optimizes a handful of pedal powered event activities for purchase and rental, often on a deadline. Our new Production Assistant will have the opportunity to join our growing business at a moment when our work is beginning to hit the mainstream.
Not every product we make has a complete production manual as of summer 2016. We are steadily improving our lines and our documentation. We are only interested in hiring a production assistant who is comfortable in a dynamic environment like ours. The benefit of this dynamic environment is that this production position is not repetitious. A typical production run is only 10-50 units. Work tasks change by the day and week, keeping the work lively and allowing for iteration and improvement and learning.
We are looking for a safe and licensed driver with their own reliable vehicle, as one of the responsibilities will be doing pickups and drops of our rentals.
Our mission is to get people in touch with their ability to make a real, lasting impact in the climate crisis through Pedal Powered event activities. In addition to selling our products, our event team entertains and educates around the Bay Area. Maybe you’ve enjoyed live music from our Pedal Powered Stage at Bicycle Music Festival, Maker Faire, or a Climate Rally, or maybe you’ve enjoyed a fruit smoothie from our Fender Blender Pro. These event offerings are our attempt to get people feeling great while giving energy back, often for the first time.
Most of us bike to work, and we hope our new team member will too, on days when there are scheduled deliveries.
Our Production Assistant will be:
– Enthusiastic about Rock The Bike’s mission and offerings
– A flexible learner, enthusiastic about mastering product-specific techniques and skills
– Knowledgeable about tools. Enjoys and takes pride in tools and shop
– Confident performing quality control tasks with a meticulous attention to detail
– Accurate and precise while taking inventory
– Organized, tidy, and self-directed.
– Able to lift 60 lbs
– Fulfilling and shipping customer orders from posted invoices
– Building sub-assemblies of products to meet inventory needs and reduce order delivery times.
– Occasional customer service (answering phones; being polite, patient, and friendly; assisting customers in product usage, assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting)
-Deliveries of rental pickups and drops
– Maintaining shop cleanliness
TOOLS WE USE:
Please copy and paste this list and rate yourself Novice, Intermediate, or Expert in usage of each tool. If you are experienced with tools not listed, please include those as well. Send this list along with your resume and cover letter.
– soldering iron
– low voltage DC wiring
– follow circuit diagrams
– wire strippers, clippers
– diagonal cutters
– cable wrapping, wire management
– fiberglass (lay-up and finishing)
– sander (for wood and fiberglass)
– riveting tool
– hand drill
– honing tools
– band saw
– chop saw
– belt sander
– orbital sander
– hand sander
– thread taps
– wood stain
– epoxy fabrication
– hot glue gun
– heat gun
– tape gun
– ladder safety
– safety and protection equipment (goggles, gloves, etc.)
– 3D printer
– at least intermediate skills (please list your specific skills)
– wheel truing stand
– chain removing tool
– metric hex keys, wrenches, bolts (aka Allen wrenches)
-Mostly Mac, some PC.
-Google Drive. Google Sheets.
– Sponge, hint hint.
We are an 12-year-old company based in North Oakland. We have 6 full-time employees, so we have a simple internal management structure. We’re still developing our processes, so we will welcome your observations and common sense improvements.
If you are interested in the position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include three references, an explanation of why you’d like to join Rock The Bike, and a description of one of your best workshop experiences and why you felt it was good or valuable.