Pedal Powered Stage Lighting: LED Panels
Illuminate their imaginations.
What is a concert without stage lighting? With our new LED panels you can run lights directly off Pedal Power with no circuitry. Allow your audience to control the feel of the show by controlling the lights. The harder they pedal, the brighter the lights will be. Get kids excited to see their power work!
Our 12volt LED panels are made of over 1,000 LEDs. They can also be wired together to make 24volt lights! The panels are flat, which makes for a wide viewing angle of light, as well as being easy to store. They are mounted on a polycarbonate sheet, and covered with a bar-top finish to protect from damage. These lights are designed to easily carry on your bike for the ultimate Pedal Powered event.
These lights work well with hub generator rigs, like the Electric Fender Blender Pro and Mundo 500. You can also hook them up into a drop-in generator, which is compatible with all our Fender Blender models. They run off a battery, and can also be a great way to drain your pedal power system after an event. Or, use them while you’re packing up to keep some light on the gear!
Colors: Red, Blue or Green (Red & Blue make a great combo!)
Weight: 2-3 lbs
Made to order, 2 week turn around on orders.
Have an event deadline? Please tell us when placing your order!
Pedal Power Utility Box
Rock The Bike’s Pedal Power Utility Box in use at an event. This handy utility box has puts all the essential circuitry needed for Pedal Powered events safely beneath a polycarbonate panel, so wires don’t get yanked, then displays current power levels to pedalers on the 4-Line LED output.
Dealing with wiring is often the most confusing part of planning and building a Pedal Powered Stage. Why not let the pros handle it? Rock the Bike has been building Pedal Power gear, and custom wiring harnesses for bike audio since 2003.
The Pedal Power Utility Box converts the spiky DC power coming from a bicycle generator to safe, stable power for lights, music, and other devices to run dependably, for hours, at an event. Plug anything short of a hair dryer or electric kettle into its standard 110V or 220V AC outlets. Its integrated Pure Sine wave inverter creates up to 1000W of continuous AC power. Higher total power levels are possible when you use our Modified JBL PRX loudspeakers, as these bypass the AC inverter.
Continuous pedaling is needed to keep devices on. There is no battery, only an ultracapacitor lasting 2-4 minutes. In the lid of the Pedal Power Utility Box is a 6″ wide, 4-line LED Pedalometer that shows the current health of the Pedal Power system. You can simply coach pedalers to ‘keep it in the green’. A larger 4′ tall Pedalometer is available for big events.
Above: The Pedal Powered Utility Box works with the Pedalometer to keep your energy levels “in the green.” This Pedal Powered Utility Box features a Wattage Display, which is now available with an upgrade.
– 10 pedal power inputs (suitable for use with any of our pedal power generators like the Mundo 500 or Electric Fender Blender Pro). Expandable to 20 people by using 1 or more junction boxes
– 3 DC outputs for external devices such as our LED Stage Lighting Panels
– Over-voltage protection
– 1-2 Ultracapacitor ‘bricks’ enough for a 2 – 5 minute buffer of power (depending on listening levels). Expandable to 3-4 Ultracapacitor bricks
– 1000-watt Pure Sine Wave inverter with two outlets
– Latched lid protects during transport, heavy duty handle
– Labeled inputs and outputs
– Major components visible through clear polycarbonate panel, good for education
– 4-Line LED output, or upgrade to a wattage display (+$600)
– Durable Neutrik twist-lock connectors — the gold standard in the event audio world. Yanked cables don’t disconnect.
In addition to the above, the Split Rail version includes:
– Split-rail outputs for up to 10 Modified JBL PRX Loudspeakers
– 1 additional Ultracapacitor brick
See our Video Demonstration of the Pedal Power Utility Box
Status: built to order, please allow 3 – 4 weeks for build. Event deadline? We can do rush delivery with extra charge.
Prices: $1,850 (600w) — $1,975 (1000w) — $2,950 (1000w w/ Split Rail)
+$600 wattage display on any PPUB